среда, 7 мая 2014 г.

Random and Undocumented

Random and Undocumented

Hello, friends.


First things first. How funny is this?


Thank you, Jen!

Next. I have a few things that I haven’t posted about in the past two weeks that I’ve meant to. Instead of doing separate posts on them all, here you go. Some random and undocumented stuff for you.


One


A couple of Fridays ago, Tim and I headed into the city for a double dinner and drinks date with our friends Jess & Brett. We decided to try Max and Dylans Restaurant Bar in the Park Street area. For my dinner?


Max and Dylans

Steamed edamame with a srirachi soy glaze and pickled ginger, a house salad, and sliders. It’s a rare night that I’ll order burgers off the menu, but these kobe sliders with lemon dressed greens, gouda, and balsamic onions hit the spot. We had a fun night catching up with our friends!


Two



Hey look. I went for a run last week. Outside. Did two miles then this little post-run workout:


post run pyramid workout

Three


Nothing like a Friday lunch date in the middle of your workday. Last week I worked out of Tim’s building (if you haven’t figured out by now that we work for the same company, we do) and we both had our lunch hour free with no meetings. So off to Vello’s we went! Great little place if you ever get the chance to check it out. Here’s my lunch:



The “California Dreaming” sandwich — turkey, guacamole, mixed greens, Swiss cheese, and sprouts on multi-grain bread with a side salad. So good. Fun fact: This post, also about a lunch date at Vello’s, was one of my first blog posts ever!


Four


Last week Gina over at The Fitnessista posted a workout she dubbed the Spooky Sweatfest Workout. I used her workout for inspiration, then adapted the moves and taught in a circuit style for my Circuit Training class last week.


Sure to Wake You Right Up Workout

I named this “The Sure to Wake You Right Up” Workout because I taught this in a 6am class and kicked my own BUM. I don’t know how anyone could be sleepy after this! If you need a workout to do today, here ya go. This should do it. And your hamstrings/glutes will thank me tomorrow.


Five


Hibachi. Do you guys love Hibachi or do you love Hibachi?


Hibachi at Osaka

On Saturday night we went to the Osaka Japanese Sushi and Steakhouse Hibachi restaurant for dinner and drinks to celebrate Jamie’s birthday. I got the shrimp and scallops hibachi dinner, and it was delicious! Hibachi is just so fun, even if the waiter repeatedly throws pieces of zucchini right at you because you can’t catch them in your mouth and if you need to request a fork because you are five years old and can’t eat correctly with chopsticks.


I think that’s it for now… more recipes, workouts, and a giveaway coming your way this week!


Tell me about something random from your week last week. Or tell me which sounds like something you’d be most likely to do this week: Eat sliders, go for a run outside, go out to eat for lunch during the work week, workout at 6am, or have sake poured straight into your mouth at a Hibachi dinner. How’s that for a deep question?


I’m off to enjoy my much-needed day off. Hope you all enjoy it too!


Original article and pictures take fitnessandfeta.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий