среда, 15 мая 2013 г.

Post Run Static Stretching Routine

Post Run Static Stretching Routine

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!


After the half last month, I somehow developed a nagging little ankle-bitter of an injury which after asking my fantastic IG/Social Media friend was quickly diagnosed and corrected and it all came down to lack of stretching. As a certified personal trainer, tout the benefits of stretching for injury prevention and increased mobility but I wasn’t practicing what I preached. It took this little nagging injury to get me back on the stretching bandwagon and I’ve really gotten into a routine.


I’ve created post-run stretching routine taking advantage of static static stretching that really helps me target all the areas that feel tight after a run. I wanted to share it with you in case you’re looking for some ideas. This routine covers head to toe, and the objective is to hold each stretch for approximately 30-60 seconds at just a slightly challenging point allowing the muscle to release and relax.


Static Stretching Routine
Post Run Stretching
Hold Each Stretch for 30-60 seconds

As you can probably see, my stretching is never done alone. I almost always have at least one workout buddy. So I couldn’t help showing you a couple of the photos that didn’t quite make the cut.


Static Stretching
What are your favorite stretches?

Original article and pictures take momslittlerunningbuddy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий